We received so many wonderful entries in our FitCity Moms blog search. We heard from Indy-area moms from all walks of life at various stages of their health journey. Some have made big changes in their nutrition and fitness habits, and many others are determined despite their struggles. We heard from single moms, young and old moms, career moms, moms dealing with unique dietary restrictions and cancer survivors. We are thankful and honored that so many women shared their story with us!
Somehow, the current FitCity Moms managed to sort the list down to these five finalists:
- Bridget Parker, a certified holistic health counselor and a personal trainer/group fitness instructor. She’s also a home schooling mother to three super-active boys. Bridget says, “I want to be able to help others achieve optimal health.”
- Tanya Parrish, a single mom who has five reasons why she should be the next FitCity Mom. She says FitCity readers will get an “honest and humorous look at a local mom attempting to be a healthy role model for her kids.”
- Katie Mayes, a mother of two, who has set a goal to run a 5K, and says,” I want my wedding ring to fit back on my finger without painfully squeezing the fat around it.”
- Leticia Latinovich, a 35-year-old Mexican-American wife and mother of four, who says, “It’s 2012. I have 40lbs to lose. I have a 5K to train for. I look forward to putting my focus back on my health and the health of my family.”
- Stephanie Greenlee, a breast cancer survivor, says, “I have run out of excuses and moving for health must be my priority. I know I will feel better. I know I will be a better role model to my daughters. So I will move. “
Learn more about each of the finalists and vote by leaving a comment in the comments section of that finalist’s blog posting. For example, if you want to vote for “Mary Doe,” go to her blog and leave a comment that says, “I vote for Mary.” You may only vote for each mom one time! Vote now through February 11 at noon.
Thanks for helping us keep our FitCity Moms Blog as a resource for you!
We’ll announce the winner on Monday, February 13.