This week, guest blogger Heather Chastain, Electronic Media Coordinator with the YMCA, shares all the tools the Y has to help you meet your health and fitness goals.
Deciding to take control of your health is a big step, but it’s not a journey you have to go through alone. That’s why we make sure you’re surrounded with a supportive team of experts who help build healthy spirit, mind, and body for all. We’ve got all the tools you need to meet your goals through wellness sessions, meetings with a nutritionist, prevention programs, personal training and group exercise.
Here’s how you can reach your goals:
- After you sign up for your Y membership, make an appointment at our wellness desk. New members get two free wellness appointments. The wellness appointments help us determine your goals, show you the equipment and set you up with a free FitLinxx or ActiveTrax account so you can log your workouts each time you visit.
- Meet with our registered dietitian. It’s important you’re eating the appropriate number of calories. Our registered dietitian will discuss your goals and help design a meal plan conducive to your lifestyle.
- Does someone you know have diabetes? Are you at risk for developing diabetes? Learn more about the YMCA Diabetes Prevention Program. We can help individuals reduce their risk for Type 2 Diabetes through weight loss, eating healthier, and increasing physical activity.
- Join a group exercise class! We can help you maintain your motivation through our wide variety of classes. We offer cycle classes, Zumba, turbo kick and more.
- Work with a personal trainer. A personal trainer will design a workout plan just for you and help you stay motivated to reaching your goals.
- Stick with it. A healthier lifestyle can reduce your risk of developing diabetes and heart disease, it can help you to feel better, sleep better and have more energy. A healthier lifestyle is not always easy, but you’re worth it and the Y can help you every step of the way.
For more information on the Y’s programs visit www.indymca.org.